Inscriptions open to the new postgraduate course organized by the Enric Miralles Foundation ‘Social Urban Regeneration’, a specialized course in the process of urban regeneration and accredited by the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC).
The course, teached by Benedetta Tagliabue together with a selection of professors from EMBT Office and UPC, aims to give you the necessary skills to develop an urban project from beginning to end, integrating theory, practice and design on experimental real projects, that are carried out in our office to explain how social urban regeneration is relevant to the present world’s challenges.
Based on the thinking, methodology and work of Enric Miralles and learning techniques of Miralles Tagliabue EMBT, you will specialize on contemporary, sustainable and integrated urbanism, working in the same building of EMBT Office, and sharing its spirit, being part of all continued learning process.
Teachers / Subjects
- Benedetta Tagliabue (Main Tutor): Landscape and Urbanism.
- Salvador Gilabert Sanz: Advanced Integrated Builiding Design. Complex Graphic Representation Media: Drawings, Collages and Compositions.
- Elena Nedelcu: Social and Urban Conditions Analysis.
- Josep María Rovira, Carolina Garcia: Enric Miralles, Poetry and Processes.
- Francesc Pla, Victoria Garriga: Experimental Design, Full Scale Prototyping Techniques
- Lluís Giménez: Generating Complex Architecture Concepts and Software. 3D Modelling
- Salvador Rueda, Javier Urchueguia: Efficiency of Energy Resource in Architecture
Visits: during the postgraduated course the students will have the opportunity to visit and explore some emblematic buindings of Enric Miralles and EMBT Studio: Santa Caterina Market, Sant Pere i la Ribera, Igualada’s Cemetery , Tiro con Arco, Pergolas de Icaria, Gas Natural Tower, Diagonal Mar Park.